Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Favorite Spinal Tap Quotes


People ask me all the time, "Justin what is your favorite movie?". Well, there is not really an answer to that question.

I have many favorite movies, but not one clear cut favorite. If I had to pick just one, I would say it is the 1984 mockumentary "Spinal Tap."

Why is this movie so funny? Well, it has many memorable quotes which provide non-stop laughter. Below are my 11 favorite quotes from this hilarious film.

11. "Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful". - Ian Faith

10. "May I start by saying how thrilled we are to have you here. We are such fans of your music and all of your records. I'm not speaking of yours personally, but the whole genre of the rock and roll". - Lt. Hookstratten

9. (When asked what to put on his epitaph) "Here lies David St. Hubbins... and why not"? - David St. Hubbins

8. "As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll". - Mick Shrimpton

7. "You can't really dust for vomit". - Nigel Tufnel

6. "Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported" - David St. Hubbins

5. "We've got Armadillos in our trousers. It's really quite frightening". - Nigel Tufnel

4."This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry". - Marty DiBergi

    "That's just nitpicking, isn't it"? - Nigel Tufnel

3." Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation". - David St. Hubbins

2. (When discussing one of the many Spinal Tap albums, "Shark Sandwich") "The review for "Shark Sandwich" was merely a two word review which simply read "Shit Sandwich". - Marty DiBergi
 
1."We're very lucky in the band in that we have two visionaries, David and Nigel, they're like poets, like Shelley and Byron. They're two distinct types of visionaries, it's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water". -Derek Smalls

[Image via SpinalTapfan.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment