Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Public Transportation and its Discontent

Like most residents of the great city of Albany, New York, I try to shy away from driving my own vehicle anywhere.

Traffic is usually a nightmare, and I hate trying to parallel park in a spot that is usually way to small for my car to even fit into.

This becomes a problem when I want to try and play tennis during the winter months.The amount of snow doesn't usually make playing tennis outside possible, so I have to go find indoor courts to play on. However, since being a student at the College of Saint Rose allows me to ride the bus for free it gives me an alternative mode of transportation.

This is where the real problem arises, I hate taking the bus.

The bus is always extremely crowded, and having to stand next to 500 or so people is not an ideal situation for me.

I hate having to be on the buses' schedule. I want to leave when I want to leave, stop making me go by bus time!

The amount of time it takes for me to get anywhere on the bus is also outrageous. Having to stop at every intersection to pick up one more person to cram in a congested bus really irritates me to no end.

I would agree that having free public transportation is helpful, but in my experience i try to avoid the bus at all costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment